Kibana users cannot connect after upgrade to 7.1.1

Hi.

I upgraded an elastic cloud cluster from v6 to elastic+kibana v7.1.1. I have other kibanas in dedicated servers (1 per customer) that I also upgraded to 7.1.1. Each of the other kibanas where using a dedicated kibana index.

After the upgrade, on the othes kibanas, the kibana users cannot log in, with a 403 error shown as json in the browser. I found two insane ways to bypass that :

• switch the kibana.index to .kibana
  • give every user the superuser role

My login problem seems to a security one. But I can't find a way to grant a specific user an acces to a specific kibana index.

Thoughts ? Thaks for the help.

The kibana log output:

{"type":"log","@timestamp":"2019-06-11T20:51:31Z","tags":["debug","legacy-service"],"pid":793,"message":"Request will be handled by proxy POST:/api/security/v1/login."}
{"type":"error","@timestamp":"2019-06-11T20:51:31Z","tags":["debug","security","auth","session"],"pid":793,"level":"error","error":{"message":"Unauthorized","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Unauthorized\n at validate (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi-auth-cookie/lib/index.js:153:49)\n at Object.authenticate (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi-auth-cookie/lib/index.js:226:26)\n at module.exports.internals.Manager.execute (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/toolkit.js:35:106)\n at module.exports.internals.Auth.test (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/auth.js:92:54)\n at Session.get (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/x-pack/plugins/security/server/lib/authentication/session.js:56:47)\n at Authenticator.authenticate (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/x-pack/plugins/security/server/lib/authentication/authenticator.js:132:49)\n at Object.server.expose.request [as authenticate] (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/x-pack/plugins/security/server/lib/authentication/authenticator.js:288:60)\n at handler (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/x-pack/plugins/security/server/routes/api/v1/authenticate.js:34:68)\n at module.exports.internals.Manager.execute (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/toolkit.js:35:106)\n at Object.internals.handler (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/handler.js:50:48)\n at exports.execute (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/handler.js:35:36)\n at Request._lifecycle (/usr/share/kibana/node_modules/hapi/lib/request.js:263:62)\n at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:68:7)"},"message":"Unauthorized"}

You'll need to check the Elasticsearch logs. If authentication failed in ES, Kibana will not know why.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.