Kibana Visualize page size is 50,000 all of sudden. How to make it 1000 again?

Hi all,

When I go to the Visualize tab on the Kibana then the API call to get the saved_objects based on the type=visualizationis having the page size as 50,000 as seen below:

http://<IP>:5601/api/saved_objects/_find?type=visualization&per_page=50000&page=1&search_fields=title%5E3&search_fields=description

Response:
{ "message": "An internal server error occurred", "statusCode": 500, "error": "Internal Server Error" }

Error:
Caused by: org.elasticsearch.search.query.QueryPhaseExecutionException: Result window is too large, from + size must be less than or equal to: [10000] but was [50000]. See the scroll api for a more efficient way to request large data sets. This limit can be set by changing the [index.max_result_window] index level setting.

How to set the per_page to default value of 1000?

@RRSR did anything change related to your Kibana configuration? You can also force this to be a different value since the per_page parameter in your URL has the 50,000 coded in. Please try:

http://<IP>:5601/api/saved_objects/_find?type=visualization&per_page=1000&page=1&search_fields=title%5E3&search_fields=description
1 Like

No @joelgriffith, nothing realated to Kibana UI was changed as per my knowledge. But as it is shared environment so someone might have changed something.

Where to update it from 50000 to the default 1000? Can you please help with that.

And also which change might have been the cause if you could tell would be great as we will inform the team not to repeat the same.

I believe this is one of the advanced settings options.

1 Like

Yes, that was the case. Under the Kibana advanced settings, the field Objects listing limit(Number of objects to fetch for the listing pages) was set to 50,000 instead of the default 1000.
After resetting it to default by clicking Reset to default button, the API calls are all now taking the per_page as 1000.

Thank you so much @Christian_Dahlqvist & @joelgriffith for the support.

PS: Somebody did change the Kibana Advanced Settings.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.