Not seeing Marvel "app switcher" in kibana

monitoring

(Bob Metelsky) #1

All I have a 4 node cluster, 1 master 3 data ES nodes. Kibana and ES is on the master.
I've installed the marvel license and plugins on all nodes and can see the marvel indexes being created but I cant see the marvel dashboard "app switcher" in kibana. All the logs look clean
Any suggestions?

marvel agent = /marvel-agent-2.3.5

/usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch --version
Version: 2.3.5, Build: 90f439f/2016-07-27T10:36:52Z, JVM: 1.8.0_40

was kibana 4.53 --> now now kibana-4.5.4-1.x86 on Redhat Lilnux

(Mark Walkom) #2

Did you install the Marvel plugin in KB too?

(Bob Metelsky) #3

Sorry what do you mean? KB=Kibana? if so Ho do I install that? I basically followed the docs (I think) - thanks for the reply

(Mark Walkom) #4

Oh, the docs aren't really clear on that.

bin/kibana plugin --install elasticsearch/marvel/2.3.5.

(Bob Metelsky) #5

That almost worked :slight_smile:

/opt/kibana/bin/kibana plugin --install elasticsearch/marvel/2.3.5.
Installing marvel
Attempting to transfer from https://download.elastic.co/elasticsearch/marvel/marvel-2.3.5..tar.gz
Plugin installation was unsuccessful due to error "No valid url specified."

(Bob Metelsky) #6

ok had to drop off the last. I saw that was wrong from the beginning

(Bob Metelsky) #7

very nice - thanks for the help! Can you provide the details on the "licensing" ... Ive read different things about that.

Thanks again

(Mark Walkom) #8

What details?

(Bob Metelsky) #9

I dont know... I thought I read something about about the indexes not being able to be cleaned up of removed with a basic license...?

I just installed the basic a license and looks like its good for i year. I was just trying to get the definitive url for licensing - dosnt seem that clear the cost and support...Anyway Ill go basic for now - this is a poc.

Also wondering how can I get the cooler color schemes Ive seen. Mine are basic black and white graphs - nice but was hoping for something cooler. I couldn't find the setting in the marvel dashboard.

Thanks

(Bob Metelsky) #10

also, is it possible to get my kopf and head plugin to show up in the app switcher? That would be very handy. Currently Im using separate urls - the plugins are all installed on the same master node

(Mark Walkom) #11

You can find more on the licensing here - https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/marvel/current/license-management.html

Kopf and head are ES plugins, they are not KB ones

(system) #12