Plot using predefined colors and icons

Thanks for you response, CJ. However, I actually do not see the similarity :slight_smile:

What I'm talking about is plotting exact values, something like what's discussed here:

Or imagine visualizing the daily defcon of NORAD.

It's a predefined set of values. No ranges. No fractions.

The actual use case for me is test results, where every test is run once every day. They could be 0 (pass), 1 (fail), 2 (invalid), 3 (skipped) etc. Creating something similar with Kibana now will result in vertical bars for the values (0, 1, 2 etc), which is not a useful visualization. Instead of vertical bars of different heights representing each value, I'd like to choose a specific color for each value (in its simplest form, image vertical bars of the same height but in different colors).

A choice of icons, different shapes, is also relevant, like a filled circle or triangle, to make the visualization crystal clear. Imagine a chart using only circles; I think it would be useful only when you have two or perhaps three different values (i.e. colors) in your data. If more than that, you're really helped by different shapes.

I haven't been able to find a feature request for this (but as it seems it has been discussed for two or maybe three years even). Can you confirm this?