Simulate Kibana through a node.js client

I was digging into https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/20820 to see if I can provide more information when I stumbled upon the following question on Stack Overflow:

This seemed similar to the issue I have and seems to point at node.js being the culprit instead of Angular as I first suspected.

I wanted to do the following using elasticsearch.js.
I set up a node.js release 6.12.2 and did an npm install of the 14.2.1 release of elasticsearch.js, but I couldn't reproduce the issue, as the answer isn't cropped...

So, I have a few questions, to be sure I am doing things correctly:

• Is it the right tool to do such a simulation? So far I couldn't reproduce the issue.
  • I want to simulate both my current version (6.2.4) and the next major version (6.3.0), how can I find out which node.js is being used by Kibana for those releases? I've been referencing the .node-version history to get as much an accurate version number as I can.
  • How can I be sure to use the correct node.js version while using elasticsearch.js? As before I have been referring to .node-version, but also to package.json for the release of elasticsearch.js to use.

Added some information

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.