There was an error retrieving the index pattern

Continuing [7.5] There was an error retrieving the index pattern

I had the same issue and tried removing the xpack.security.enabled: false setting. However, then kibana failed to complete startup; serving "Kibana server is not ready yet" with nothing in the logs.

Then when I put the config back and restarted kibana again, elasticsearch (on the same server) was OOM killed. Having resolved that, Kibana still didn't work, and making another request appears to have DoSed the whole machine (whether through CPU load or OOM or both I'm not yet sure). After a reboot it all seems to be working again (though the original issue remains).

So in summary, I had the same (minor) problem, and trying the suggested fix made it considerably worse.

Hi @OrangeDog - do you have an explicit setting for xpack.security.enabled in your ElasticSearch config? Also, what license are you running?

Do you have other data streams coming to ES from sources besides Heartbeat?

do you have an explicit setting for xpack.security.enabled in your Elasticsearch config

Yes. That's also set to false.

what license are you running?

Basic

Do you have other data streams coming to ES

Logstash and APM

Having just upgraded everything to Elastic 7.6, the issue appears to be resolved.

I was going to mention that the problem would likely go away with an upgrade to 7.6, but I didn't want that to be the default solution I recommended.

Glad the issue has been resolved for you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.