Kibana Plugin Idea: Custom Alert Connector

Hi,

I have been looking into alerting on Kibana, but only the internal connectors are available on the basic license. Is it possible to develop a custom connector for the alerting to action on a different endpoint?

For example, I would like to create a custom connector that will send the alert to my company software, so that we can be alerted through our software.

By this, I do not mean using the webhook option that is available, I mean to actually integrate a custom connector. Specifically because I would like to remain on the basic license.

Thanks.

Hey @Thomas_Vaudry-Read,

I believe it may be technically possible to create a custom Kibana plugin that adds a new connector, but it's largely undocumented at the moment and will likely be difficult to maintain as the underlying APIs are rapidly changing.

Take a look here: kibana/x-pack/plugins/actions at master · elastic/kibana · GitHub

My suggestion at the moment if you're very interested in doing this is to create a GitHub issue in the Kibana repository, and the team that manages the connectors framework may be able to help.

Thanks
Brian

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.